Good Morning !
Emeline here to share with you a project using GCD Studio's chip art tool.
Besides using the chip art tool, I used a few other mediums which includes gel medium , copic markers, acrylic paint, white pen and graphite pencil.
- Using a butterfly chipboard as a base, I painted it yellow
- I pounded and de-bossed diamond shape onto the edge of the butterfly.
- Color fill, alternating with red and green copic markers. Please be sure to use a fine tip marker.
- Cover the entire chipboard butterfly with a layer of gel medium.
- I fussy cut some die cuts and embellished the body of the chipboard butterfly.
- De-boss alphabets onto a chipboard tag. Here's another fun part !
- After de-bossing, i used applied a layer of gesso using fingertips.
- Next i inked with pink and blue distress ink for a blended look.
- For the title, I treated it to colors from yellow copic markers.
After color fill, I used a sharp graphite pencil to trace along the grooves of the debossed alphabets. This way, it gives better definition.
- Lastly, I sealed the title tag with a layer of gel medium.
- Arrange the pieces and adhere the chipboard tag. Embellish further with butterfly punch outs and other die cuts from GCD Studios embellishment pack. Finally, thread throw a twill to hang.
Have fun with the chip art tools !