7.14.2011

POP!

I know, as all moms of small kids know, that bubbles always bring smiles. When someone is a bit cranky or you have to ask little ones to wait patiently for a bit, bring out a bottle of bubbles! For this layout, I wanted to recreate some bubbles and I used two embossing techniques to make them. I started with some GCD Studios chipboard circles and sprayed them with white mist to prep them for the Chip Art tool:


Next, I used the Chip Art tool Funky Circles to emboss a slight pattern onto the chipboard circles and resprayed white and blue mists.


Next I swiped the embossed circles on a glue pad and covered them with clear embossing powder.


After shaking off the excess powder, I used a heat gun to to melt the embossing powder. I wanted a thicker, shinier look, so I went through that part of the process again and ended up with these:


I added my "bubbles" to my layout...



I love all the texture the double embossing adds.



Next time you're outside blowing and popping bubbles, take a few shots and be sure to add your own bubbles to your layout!

Supplies Used:


Chip Art Chipboard Shapes: Chip Art tool Funky Circles, Basic Shapes Small, GCD Studios patterned paper from the Soulfood collection, fabric brads from the Homespun Chic collection



3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeee the photos and how you made those bubbles for this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome !!It's seems easy to make, i'll definitely try to make these bubbles, thanks for the wonderful information...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout. Great job on the bubbles. They really "pop" off the page. LOL

    ReplyDelete