7.29.2013

Hello Project Life

Suzanna here to share with you a layout about travel. We travel a lot as a family: by car, by plane, by foot. Not much by boat but we have done that. My kids are seasoned travelers, thank goodness. We drive a fair amount. It's easier to haul the comforts of home with us. Heidi's Special Delivery collection is a fantastic color scheme and theme for a road trip. Done here in Project Life style.
The journal cards aren't quite 3x4 so I backed each one with cardstock or coordinating patterned paper. Each card reflects the theme of the layout is it's own way.
I just love that little map of the US. Originally I was going to hand stitch the route from Virginia to Pennsylvania but there wasn't much to stitch. I thought the little hearts from one of the patterned papers would be a cute way to "locate" where we drove to.
The paperclip makes a fun embellishment for the journaling spot. The sentiment that was on the original spot didn't work for me so I covered it up with another piece of patterned paper with a subtle pattern suitable to write on top of.
I came into the whole Project Life thing a little late and really am overwhelmed at the whole idea of documenting every day of my life. But that doesn't mean I can't still use the format in a manner that is fitting to the way I scrapbook and remember our journey.

GCD Supplies: Special Delivery Collection - Patterned Paper #2040, #2042, #2043, #2046, #2048; Paperclips #2054, Brads #2053, Label Stickers #2052


2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME Suzanna!! I love the PL style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compilation of your daily activities was a really good concept. I also love the map of US down there! Where did you get it? I like the idea, it simple but meaningful. :)

    ReplyDelete