This month's theme still echoes in my mind and I am inspired to create another layout using the same theme. Coincidentally August is also my Nation's (Singapore) birthday and this year, we celebrate our 45th year of Independence.
I treated the chipboard star with some mediums.
Specifically Gesso, White paint, pigment ink and black crayon (a good substitute would be graphite pencil) and of course GCD Studios Chip Art Tools !
Here are some brief steps i took to create a grunge looking star on my NDP (National Day Parade) layout :
- coat chipboard star with gesso.
- deboss chipboard with GCD Studio Chip Art Tool (Ornamental)
- coat a thin layer of white paint. (too much paint may reduce the visibility of the debossed image)
- Lightly and gently dab ink pad around the chipboard.
- Create contrast by shading with black crayon or black graphite pencil.
Lastly, to add contrast, I matt the chipboard star onto a white cardstock. Using a scalloped decorative scissors, I trimmed around the edgest. This gives the chipboard star a little extra detail and depth.
Hope you'll find some time to create today !