7.06.2012

Kids Room - Décor Week: Treasure box

It's Amanda!  With vacation time approaching, I thought it would be nice to make little keepsake boxes so my kiddos would have a place to keep their special treasures.  When I saw the Argh paper (1735) from the Storybook Collection, I knew just which direction to take! 
The shipwreck and treasure map themed print was just perfect for a treasure box!  I covered a small wooden box with paper and added all sorts of fun treasures and embellishments.  TIP: Remove hardware before adding paper and reattach when finished.

I filled the treasure box with rhinestones, pearls and gold punches.  Arrrrgh! 

I included some seashells from our last vacation and a braided rope made with jute string.  

Be ye warned!  A skull and crossbones on the top helps ward off little sisters.  

And no treasure box would be complete without a lock and chain.  Now let's hope we don't lose the key!  

Happy summer to you!

Supplies:
Storybook Collection Argh 1735, wooden box, Mod Podge, jute string (May Arts), misc. pearls and rhinestones, black cardstock (Georgia-Pacific).

4 comments: