8.12.2012

Travel Week: Special Souvenirs To Treasure

It's Travel week here on the GCD Studios blog, and today I have a layout about using a souvenir on a layout. On our vacation, my son and his Grandma both received their Jr. Ranger badge by doing different activities while we were camping. I took a few photos during the "swearing in ceremony" and my son of course was excited to receive his badge. After we were home from vacation, I didn't want his badge to get lost in a drawer somewhere, so I added it to a layout using the photos I had taken that day.

A few glue dots added to the back of badge will make sure it stays on the page!

The ranger station we were in that day had a beautiful photo of a sunset on the wall that you can see behind the other visitors. To add a bit of color and texture to my layout, I added strips of papers and machine stitched a circle onto the cardstock for my own sunset design.

Thanks for stopping by the GCD Studios blog today, be sure to come back each day this week to see more Travel ideas!


Supplies Used: (1642) Groovy, (1766) Chloe, (1768) Priscila, cardstock, alpha stickers, glue dots.

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the rays, the stitching and love love love how you incorporated the badge!! Very cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool page, Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete