4.14.2011

Hello! I'm Susan Lui from Singapore ....

and I'm thrilled to be guest designing for GCD Studios.


I started scrapping a couple of years ago and fell in love with this hobby because it allowed me to record and preserve memories for my family in a manner that appealed to the creative side of me. The combination of beautiful papers and media, capturing memories and creating art was just the creative outlet I was looking for. I have a fondness for shabby-chic designs and love layering my layouts and sprinkling them with little details. I also enjoy exploring different techniques on my projects and getting my fingers all messy from mists, inks and paints. I love my projects to have lots of texture and often times my layouts end up very three-dimensional because of the mediums and embellishments I use. That creates a bit of a problem for storing my layouts in albums, but hey! It's a happy problem. :)

Here are some projects I created using the new CHA releases from GCD Studios.

First up, Puppy Love, a layout I created using the Antiquities collection.


I love the vintage look of this collection and the color palette of rich reds with weathered browns. I layered the layout using a combination of fabrics, such as burlap and muslin to create lots of texture and dimension.
I then layered on some flowers, leaves, crinkled seam binding and lace to complete the shabby-chic layout.


Next, I created a layout using the Spring in Bloom collection.


As you can tell, I love butterflies on my layouts and here I created my own background paper using glimmer screens and glimmer mists from My Tattered Angels. I then cut out the butterfly motifs from the Spring In Bloom papers, folded them up for dimension and had them flitting around on the layout.

Another butterfly on the layout here, to complement the lovely butterflies from the patterned paper. This time a crystal butterfly resting on a silk flower, both from Zva Creative.


Finally, a layout that's a little different from my usual colour scheme. I used papers from Fun House Collection to create this fun layout featuring our little puppy.



I created a couple of banners strung on twine for the title.






A heart-shaped border for the circle mat, punched out from border punches, inked and distressed.


Thanks for the opportunity to guest, GCD! I had a blast and will be creating more with all the goodies you sent me. Check out my blog as I continue to post more of my GCD projects as and when I complete them.

Hugs,
Sue

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous projects Susan, your little puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your gorgeous pages, Susan! Your shabby-chic style with all the layering and detailing is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susan!
    Beautiful pages! :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete