5.28.2012

Circle Week - Crop...Crop...Chop!

Hey there Elizabeth here! I wanted to show you an easy way to create circles on your pages!
We all like shapes don't we and this month GCD Studios is rockin' the circle shapes. I especially love creating circles myself and try to use them as much as I possibly can.
Here's what I created:






Supplies: Flower Child Twisted Floral papers, Sweet Tooth #1558 Peppermint Plaid papers, American Crafts cardstock, CM corner rounder, American Crafts Thickers, Doodlebug Pearls, Computer font Century Gothic.



For this layout, I went back to the basics. I used my Coluzzle Circle Template along with my Marvy circle punches. I used both the cutter and punches and just cut straight into the cardstock wherever I wanted a circle. I didn't have any kind of pattern going, I just cut and punched! This way a design was formed and I wasn't even trying! I also punched out circles and added those to the page later. When the cardstock was cut, I took another sheet of pattern paper from GCD Flower Child and added that to the backside of the cardstock. I just adhered the two together then added all of the other circles I created. Once those were adhered, I cut my photo with my Coluzzle as well and placed on the page. I also did this for the journaling too. The effect of each circle is amazing! Some look popped up, and others look as if they are inlet to the paper. I thought this created a neat effect for my page!
Don't be afraid to use anything you have on hand for creating shapes and go for it! Elizabeth Carney 2012 GCD Studios DT, Elizabeth Carney 
2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal


3 comments:

  1. What a great page - I love the colors and the way you used circles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this pops...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete