I have always had a thing for watercolors, The colors are so soft and they way they blend together is almost dreamlike. Today I want to share a way to incorporate the dreamy look of watercolor into your paper crafting.
I've come up with a little how-to on creating a dimensional watercolor flower embellishment.
To start I would recommend using some watercolor paper. Brand or price doesn't matter, it just needs to be able to handle getting good and wet.
1. Die cut or punch flower shapes from the watercolor paper. I used Donna Salazar's Rose Creations Dies from Spellbinders™ Paper Arts.
2. Next add water to the flower you plan on painting, make sure you cover the entire surface, this is what makes the watercolor paints flow.
3. Add you color. I just used inexpensive kids watercolors from the discount store. Make sure to keep everything very wet until you are all doe painting and then set aside to dry (or if you're impatient like me you will speed things up with your heat gun)
4. After your flowers are good and dry, emboss them a little to give them dimension. I placed mine face down of a foam mat (old mouse pads work great too) and used a stylus (the back of a paintbrush handle could be used as well) to push the petals into the mat, giving them a slightly rounded appearance.
5. Stack them up and adhere them together. My flower consists of four layers, two larger and two smaller.6. Finish it up by adding a center. A spot of glue and some micro beads is what I chose for this flower.
And here's my finished card.
Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Watercolor Paper: Daler Rowney, Patterned Papers: ( Au Revoir, Paris Je T'Aime, Nice from the Bonjour Collection) GCD Studios, Dies: (Rose Creations, Ribbon Tags Trios Three, Classic Scallop) Spellbinders™ Paper Arts., Stamps: Technique Tuesdsay, Ink: Clearsnap, Twine: May Arts, Micro Beads: Michael's Stores
I paired my flowers with the soft blues and greens in the Bonjour collection.
The watercolor look goes great with the Sweet Tooth collection as well.
I just love the softness of watercolors...even when it's a bright color!
Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Watercolor Paper: Daler Rowney, Patterned Papers: (Jelly Bean, Bubblegum, Gumdrop, Sprinkles, Chocolate Kisses, from the Sweet Tooth collection) GCD Studios, Dies: (Rose Creations, Classic Ric Rac) Spellbinders™ Paper Arts., Stickers: American Crafts,Twine: The Twinery, Brad: Michael's Stores
Have a fantastic day!