6.27.2012

Die Cut Week: Big Letter

Hi!  it's Amanda!  Unless you have been living under a rock, or your internet went out over a year ago, you are well aware that hexagons are all the rage in paper crafting.  I don't know what it is about these little shapes, but I am attracted by the clean lines and symmetry.  I thought it would be fun to pair modern hexagons with sweet and pretty country prints and quilt them together. 
Could this quilted-hexagon-burlap-monogram-wreath-type-thingy BE any more trendy?  There's a lot going on, but I think it works.   And it looks fantastic on my front door!

Since I wanted to stitch the hexagons, I adhered them to a piece of cardstock first.  I traced around the wooden monogram so I would know where to place the hexagons.

Trace the monogram onto the quilt and trim excess paper, leaving a little bit of an edge.  Adhere the quilt to the wooden monogram with Mod Podge and let dry completely.  Flip monogram over and trim excess paper with a craft knife.  


The trick for keeping the quilt from looking too cluttered is to stitch around a few random hexagons. 

I chose to hang this letter like a wreath, but it would also look good standing alone or in a frame. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
From the Country Charm Collection--Floral Field 1507, Weekend Fun 1515, Farm Field Stripe 1506, Country Bloom 1505, Super Star 1511, Strawberry Jam 1510, Handycraft 1508, Cherry Pie 1504, burlap ribbon (Sierra Pacific), wooden monogram (Sierra Pacific), thread (Coats & Clark), Cricut Expression, Cricut Font & Basic Shapes digital cartridge

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow and MORE WOW!!! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda...this a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing this...gonna have to try.

    ReplyDelete