6.26.2012

Die Cut Week: Misting

Recently I was cutting out bunches of doily dies from pattern paper.  I was using wax paper in between the die and the paper because of the fine detail in the die.  It ended up that I had a scrap pile of pretty wax doilies that I just couldn't throw away! So, I decided to use them as masks for the misting I did on this layout of my sweet, darlin' daughter.


I wanted to pull out the vibrant greens and pinks in the gorgeous Splendor, Posies pattern paper.  


First I layed down the doily at the top of my cardstock so that only half of it was actually on the paper.  Then I sprayed it with glimmer mist.


Then I did the same to the side of my paper.  After spraying it with green I removed the used doily and layed down a 'clean' one slightly over top of the masked image.  This time I used pink to spray over it.  


After it was dry, I cut out a large circle and banners from pattern paper and adhere them to the layout.  I sewed on a few more strips and cut out some die cuts for embellishements.  I also adhered a bit of trim to soften the page up just a bit.  


 Tip ~ When spraying on to a wax paper mask, spray straight down so that none of the glimmer mist seeps under it when you spray.  And....cover your table well or use a box!


Creating masks from die cuts can give you endless designs.  I hope you get to try it soon!

Supplies: Posies (1683) - Splendor, Candytuft (1676) - Splendor, Labels and Tags (1679) - Splendor, Pink Flora (1682) - Splendor
Other: Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels, Alphabets - American Crafts, Bling - Want2Scrap; Die Templates -  Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn Designs

Julie Overby GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

4 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the masking!!! I use wax paper under all my painting and misting projects to protect my counters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love this idea! This is beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! Love the misting and masking!

    ReplyDelete