Here's how to make your own glamorous turkey:
1. Cut several feather shapes from patterned paper.
2. Feather style #1 (brown): simply score the center of the feather and lightly crease.
3. Feather style #2 (pink): score the center of the feather and crease. On an angle, cut from the outside edge of the feather toward the crease. Do not cut all the way to the crease. Do this on both sides of the feather.
4. Collect real feathers in a variety of shapes, styles and colors.
5. Draw a turkey's body. It should resemble a bowling pin, but be shorter and pudgier. Cut it out and use it as a template to cut the shape from patterned paper.
6. Punch a circle of cardstock smaller than the turkey's body. Using hot glue, glue the feathers to the top 2/3 of the circle.
7. Using dimensional adhesive like pop dots, glue the turkey's body to the feathered circle.
8. If you'd like, add eyes, a beak and a snood.
Before you go make your own fabulously feathered turkey, let me leave you with this thought (which inspired this layout):
Supplies Used: Pink Flora (Splendor); Zig Zag (Splendor); Cherry Cordial (Sweet Tooth); other - cardstock, mist, feathers, washi tape, alphas.