9.29.2011

Back to school Adventure

Red and Aqua may be one of my absolute favorite color combinations ever. There is something so fresh and vibrant about it. My favorite thing about this combination is how it can be used on layouts about boys and girls. Since I have one of each, I struggle with finding fun fresh color combos that are not too girly and not too grungy. This one fits the bill:



Add a nice warm grey and you are thinking of Fall and Back to School time!




I pulled out some school themed papers from the GCD Studios Elementary My Dear line. I love the die cut apple sheet! Truth be told, sometimes I don't know the best way to use die cut sheets, but since I knew I wanted the apple image to represent the red from my color combination I thought layering it over a blue patterned paper and thinking of the two as one whole patterned paper made it a lot easier to use in my design. A strip of pencils as a border was a no brainer for a back to school page so I was really just looking for some grey to incorporate into my layout. I found it in a grid "B" side from The Great Outdoors collection. From the same collection I grabbed the big chipboard "Adventure" to make my title pop:




Add some stitching for that homespun feel:




and some typewritten journaling:




and you have a Back to School layout for boys, girls or both!




Supplies Used:


GCD Studios Elementary My Dear (stars, apple die cut, pencils)


GCD Studios The Great Outdoors (grid patterned paper, Adventure Chipboard)


American Crafts Alphas and apple sticker


Elle's Studio Journaling Tag

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this!! Cute photos and loving the apple background! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I love the apple overlay and the pop of the stars underneath!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete