5.02.2013

Being A Mom

 Sara here today with my very first post as a new GCD Studios DT Member!  Today I am sharing a layout I created about being a mom!

Being a mom is different for everyone one, for me I am a mom to just one little guy!  We decided one child fits our family and we love our little family.   As a mom we go though so many emotions as our kids are constantly growing and becoming more dependent.  My son, Cole is now 9 and he is getting a little to big to do some of the little things that we he and I used to do together like, go to story time at the library and make cute craft projects.  He is growing into a young man now,  to help be sure our relationship continues to grow he and I keep our bond strong with our own special Date Nights!

This layout is created with the Pure Bliss Collection from GCD Studios and showcases a photo from one of our recent date nights.   We went to a local college hockey game, just the 2 of us!  We enjoyed a good game and plenty of snacks! :)

I started this layout with a blank page and then created the big center stripe from 2 sheets of patterned paper and a boarder cut. I then headed to my sewing machine to add some fun zig-zag stitching!   The die cut hearts behind my photo came from a cut on my Shillouhette Cameo - I love how some of the hearts are empty and others complete!

I wanted to add a doily but I wanted to use it in 2 different spots on my layout and I only had one left in my stash!  So, I cut it in half and then could use it in both places!  I topped my project off with a some great stickers and a metal brad from the Pure Bliss collection, a little journaling and a few splats of gold mist!
  Sara Zinger Badge photo 2013-DT-Badge-Sara-Zenger_zps5445a340.jpg

1 comment: