5.27.2013

Diamonds are a Fussy Cutter's Best Friend

When I look at patterned paper I am always looking for some way I can cut a part of it out and create a different design with it.  For today's card I did just that with some fun paper from the Pure Bliss Collection.

I fussy cut three rows of the diamonds (being super careful in the middles to keep them attached to one another).  I kept one of them longer than the other two so it could go in the middle.  I popped each diamond up with foam adhesive so it would add some dimension to it.  


I also fussy cut the sentiment out, opting to cut off the embroidery hoop part and just using the circle.  

The next time you pick up a piece of patterned paper see if you can think beyond the original design and create something surprising with it!

GCD Supplies Used: Pure Bliss Collection 6 X 6 Paper Pad #2031


Christine Meyer Badge photo 2013-DT-Badge-Christine-Meyer_zpsfdd5245c.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Loving how the elements POP off the card...very cool and YES diamonds are cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Loving the diamonds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Christine! Love how you used the circle as the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutting is fabulous. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete