5.27.2013

Diamonds are a Fussy Cutter's Best Friend

When I look at patterned paper I am always looking for some way I can cut a part of it out and create a different design with it.  For today's card I did just that with some fun paper from the Pure Bliss Collection.

I fussy cut three rows of the diamonds (being super careful in the middles to keep them attached to one another).  I kept one of them longer than the other two so it could go in the middle.  I popped each diamond up with foam adhesive so it would add some dimension to it.  


I also fussy cut the sentiment out, opting to cut off the embroidery hoop part and just using the circle.  

The next time you pick up a piece of patterned paper see if you can think beyond the original design and create something surprising with it!

GCD Supplies Used: Pure Bliss Collection 6 X 6 Paper Pad #2031


Christine Meyer Badge photo 2013-DT-Badge-Christine-Meyer_zpsfdd5245c.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Loving how the elements POP off the card...very cool and YES diamonds are cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Loving the diamonds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Christine! Love how you used the circle as the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutting is fabulous. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete