11.10.2009

Project Time With Grace T

This morning when I woke up, I had MANY emails with gorgeous photos...filled with beautiful fall photos :)
However, there can only be one winner and that person is... Tracey Taylor!
Why did she win???
I love the bright true colors of the leaves and this sweet little face :) CONGRATS GIRL... Please send me your info at hsonboul@gcdstudios.com and place "fall photo winner" in the subject line.
and now onto Grace's BEAUTIFUL and CREATIVE Thanks Giving idea :) Get ready to be inspired by her! I know I was!

Be Grateful jar, notepad pocket and altered pen:
I love that November always gives us a reason to reflect on the things we are grateful for. Although we should not put off the thanking till this month and make it a habit to be grateful all year long, this month's holiday always gets me going on my "thankful" list.
This year I decided to get my family in on the beauty of gratitude and decided to make this craft to go along with our activity. I want each family member to write something that they're grateful for and we'll all keep it in the jar. I would also want this to be a continuous activity so I will dedicate a space in my home where this can be placed so that when somebody feels the need to document something that they felt blessed about, they can write it down.
Next year around this time, I'll gather my family up again and open up the jar and reread everybody's "grateful" list. I'm sure this will leave us feeling very blessed and humbled. It will also be interesting to know what my kids truly consider as their blessings.
So let's go back to the project....I repurposed an old peach jar and fancied it up with the New Artsy Urban collection. I love the vintage title blocks in the collection and used the one with the "be" on it as part of my title. I added small letter stickers to spell out the "grateful" word and finished it up with some punched out butterflies, border die cuts, papers and ribbon. I also decorated the top. This part was very easy cause I just grabbed one of the layered flower chipboards that is part of the collection as well.
I made pocket from scratch using some of the great papers from the collection. I love that it's double sided, I get more designs from the pack. I added the same ribbon I used on the jar and added another butterfly plus used one of the journaling spots to handwrite a title.To make this a complete set, I added a pen. I made it match with everything else by covering it with the same pattern paper that I've used for the other two projects and finished it off with a punched butterfly as well.


Thanks Grace for this amazing idea and fun way to be grateful this Thanks Giving!
~H

5 comments:

  1. What cute little girl!! Congrats!!

    Grace, your project is LOVELY!! Awesome job girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! THANKS so very much!! Fall is one of my most favourite times of year. :)

    Grace, these projects are just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo- has winner written all over it.
    Congrats to the winner & GCD is great for the opportunity.
    All the best everyone.

    ReplyDelete