12.03.2011

Special Christmas Cards for Special People

Hi GCD fans!

Say it with me: The holidays rock!

I don't know about you, but every year I send out around 100 Christmas cards to family and friends. I've got a plan this year to make it easier on myself. Rather than sending out handmade cards to everyone on my list, the majority of them will receive a printed card. I will make a few extra special handmade ones for a few extra special people on my list.

I decided the other that there was no time like the present to get going on those extra special cards and set out to make a couple shaped cards the other day.

I started by finding a little color inspiration from this picture.


Pretty, huh?

I always fall into the red and green trap when it comes to cards so I thought this combo was perfect to try out for this project: Heavy on the green, no red and little bit of gray and black.

I used the photo as a springboard to make this tree card.


The papers are all from GCD Studios' Scandia Jul collection. I cut several papers from the collection into 1" x 3" strips, folded them in half and then mounted them on cardstock to shape a tree.


The stars are from GCD Studios' Chip Art Chipboard Shapes collection. I painted each of the stars with silver paint. I added gems to some of them. Others, I added buttons from the Sweet Surrender collection.

And in case you wondering, the tree really does stand on its own. :)


I used this first card as inspiration for myself to make a second tree card.


This time, I cut a triangle card base from cardstock and then ran strips of patterned paper down it. That made it a little less time consuming than the first card.

I decorated the card similar to the first one with chipboard painted stars, buttons and gems.

This card also stands on its own, thanks to a tent-folded design.


See you again soon!

terisplace.wordpress.com

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I have been working on my cards this week too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how 3-D these are!!! Great ideas!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww!!! These are BOTH AWESOME!! Loveeeeeeeee the designs and loving the stars! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete