12.03.2011

WOOT a double Teri post in one day! Surprise!

Hi everyone!

One of my favorite gifts to give during the holidays is gift cards.

That's because it is that one gift I don't have do any guessing for: Buy a gift card, give it to the recipient and let them decide! Translation: Happy Teri! :)

This year, I'll be giving my gift card gifts the handmade touch with a simple envelope made just for them.

They will look at a little something like this.



And like this.



These little envelopes are super easy to make and not the least bit difficult on your budget.

Here's what you need to make one of your own:

* GCD Studios patterned paper (I'm using paper from the Scandia Jul collection.)

* Small merchandise sacks (I'm using ones I found on Etsy.com.)

* A strong adhesive, paper trimmer and embellishments

Start by cutting sack down to 3" tall.



Cut a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of patterned paper.



Decorate with two additional strips of patterned paper.



Fold paper to fit around the bag. Add adhesive only on one portion of the paper. Adhere to bag.



Slide what you want inside the envelope.



Seal the envelope up by putting adhesive on the half of the paper.





Decorate envelope as you see fit.

I chose to decorate my envelopes with patterned paper, gems and a little twine. I think it would be fun to use letter stickers and diecuts as well.

Happy holidays!


terisplace.wordpress.com

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and easy too! This would work really well for a teacher gift!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gift cards are my kids' friends #1 request! Love your method to packaging them - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! i loveeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete