9.16.2011

First Grade

My oldest daughter started first grade this year. I thought it would be cute to create a little mini album about her first year of school. So far I have created the first few pages and plan on adding more as the year progresses. I plan on placing pictures of various school activities as well as keeping some of her homework papers and awards.

First I needed a cover for my album. I wanted something simple. I placed my title on the chipboard cover, adhered them, painted, and then added a splattering of mist.




For my first page, I wanted to record her actual first day of school along with a picture of her from that day.




I wanted to keep my album uniform yet simple. The right hand side is reserved for journaling while the left hand side has plenty of space for pictures.







This album is far from being complete but it's a start to documenting my daughter's first year. This would also make a great gift to someone who has school age children or even little children in daycare.

Supplies:
Chip Art Chipboard Kit 5x7
Chip Art Chipboard Shapes: Medium Alphabet Set
Funhouse The World's Greatest
Soul Food Brave Soul
Funhouse Popcorn Journal Tags
Soul Food Fancy Chipboard Stickers
Soul Food Transparent Shapes


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete