7.26.2011

Happy Summer everyone!

Leslie here to share spread some sunshine and fluffy clouds to your summer days projects.

On a recent trip to California, we spent one beautiful afternoon at the beach. Bright blue skies and loads of sunshine, just as you would expect in sunny California.


These photos inspired me to create my own happy, blue sky background for my page about our ride on a surrey, a four seat, and more importantly a four pedal bike. ;)


And because it was a page about the shore, I thought it could use some mild distressing. I sprayed Maya Mist (Sunflower yellow) and Studio Calico's Mister Huey's (white) onto a paint tray a dabbled a mixture on to an old chip brush and made some random strokes and pounces. I then stamped with some other distressing styled stamps.

Here is a close up of the clouds and the sun and some of the distressing.


One of the main things I wanted to achieve on this page was a
dimensional cloud. I took a ordinary chipboard piece, albeit it was
intended to be an angel wing, and added hot glue to the edges.


I then applied several coats of white paint. It need a few to cover the glue completely.


For the sun, I used a flower shaped chipboard (from GCD Studios obviously) and debossed it and painted it with a base coat of white and then sprayed it with Maya Mist (Sunflower Yellow).


For my title, I created a chipboard base for my title and painted it to match the green from the patterned paper and the surrey.


One of the things I love about using chipboard elements to embellish a page, is that it's designed for customization. You always have the ability to make the perfect embellishment for any page.


I mixed a few colors to get a match and painted the piece along with 2 asterisks that I thought resembled a starfish.

Here's another look at the completed page.


Patterned papers: GCD Studios Fun House Collection, Material Girl Collection; Chipboard Shapes: GCD Studios, Ticket Embellishment: GCD Studios Fun House Collection; Paper Borders: GCD Studios Fun House Collection, Sticker Border: Studio Calico; Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey, Studio Calico; Ink: Mister Huey's, white, Maya Mist Sunflower yellow, Distress Inks from Ranger Tea Dye; Stamps: Studio Calico, Bo Bunny.

Wishing you many happy, sunny days this summer!!




3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the photos and what you did to the clouds and sun! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and colors on the bottom half of this lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, do I love this page! It's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete