5.13.2012

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

For my first assignment at GCD, I got a wonderful topic.. It's one of my favorite things in the world.. which is my Family. This week the focus has been on mothers, and with Mother's Day actually being today. Today my layout focuses on my Mother. I also wanted to make sure that my journaling focuses on why she means so much to me. I used the Splendor line for my page, which was perfect with all the florals and pretty, soft colors, but still kinda has a vintage type of feeling. I used the "Floral Frame" paper for my main central focus point on the layout.

Photobucket
  
I used one of the labels and tags for my journaling. This is what I felt was most important on my layout, the main focus. I know most of the time it is a photo, but this time it's the journaling. I'm pouring out my feelings of why my mother means so much to me. The journaling reads: "Thanks for teaching me right and wrong, Thanks for teaching me how to be a good mother, Thanks for teaching me to serve others, Thanks for teaching me for standing up in what I believe in, Thanks for being there for me & our family." I also fussy cut out the flowers of the frame and dressed them up with some bling and pearls: For my alphas, I used the "Letter Tiles" paper, and cut out the ones I needed for my title. Then I used some foam pop dots to give them a bit of dimension. I also cut out some of the patterned "flowers" from the "Heirloom" paper and placed them through out the page, added some spiral flowers in the center.So that is my page, my tribute to a wonderful mother. I feel very blessed and lucky to have her in my life. Wishing all of you a magnificent Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment