5.01.2012

Sweet Tooth Week- The Funny Things They Say

Having an almost-3-year-old in the house provides for daily entertainment (both in the comedy and drama departments).  My daughter's vocabulary is pretty good, but sometimes she just doesn't get the words right.  My husband and I have fun around here trying to figure out some of the strange words, and when we do, we seem to start using them ourselves!  I created this page about some of my favorite funny things that she says: Pams-shoo and Pail-nolish (shampoo and nailpolish).


When I started this page, since the photos were of different events in different settings, I needed to bring them together somehow.  I started thinking about "shampoo" and baths, so I decided to use the blue paper in the Sweet Tooth collection to represent bubbles.  And when I think of nailpolish, I think of girly things and pink, so the floral papers in this line were perfect, too!  I combined both of these elements inspired by my photos (circles and flowers) to create the basis of my page.



I cut the letters and ampersand on my Cricut and stitched through them with some pink thread.  A little fussy cutting of of some of the diamond patterned paper and the flowers, and I created a fun and memorable page.


Supplies: all papers from Sweet Tooth Collection- Bubble Gum (1552), Cherry Cordial (1553), Gum Drop (1555), Sprinkles (1560), Sugar Cookie (1561), Sweet Tart (1562).  Other: Die Cutting Machine (Cricut), Stickles (Ranger), Smooch Inks (Clearsnap).


I am so excited to be sharing my first post for the GCD Studios blog  and thanks for stopping by. Now do you have any favorite things your kiddos or grandkids say?  Leave a comment...I would love to hear about them!



Audrey Yeager GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

6 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!! How cute!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that title, the photos and loving all the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like how you added your own touch to the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! That print is so perfect for bubbles! And I adore the spot of green right in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Audrey...this is so fun. I love all the circles! Very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH how cute is that?! Loving that you captured those two adorable "words." :)

    ReplyDelete