5.31.2012

Circle Week: Scallops

Want to know my most favorite thing about GCD Studios? The paper! I love that each collection is designed so beautifully, that I have a hard time choosing which side of the paper to use! Splendor is a perfect example, and for my layout I really did have a hard time choosing which side of the paper I should have facing up! I love Splendor too for it's timeless look. The photo I used is of my Mom and I on her first Mother's Day way back in 1964. It looks great with the papers, but I could have just as easily used photos from 2012 that would look perfect too.

To create this fun scallop look, I punched small scalloped circles, and glued them to the back of a larger circle. I did a little machine stitching to add a bit of dimension.

I added the "a sweet life" ribbon since I thought my Mom deserved a ribbon to honor her on her special day. I layered a few of the tags from the labels and tags paper and cut two pennant shapes to the ends to really make it look like a ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by today, I'm happy I could share my first official post as a GCD Studios Design Team Member!
Supplies Used: patterned paper - GCD Studios Splendor line (1676) Candytuft, (1679) Labels & Tags, (1680) Letter Tiles, (1682) Pink Flora, (1683) Posies, (1684) Sunswept, (1685) Tiny Blossoms, (1687) Zig Zag, Twine - The Twinery
Mary Ann Jenkins GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Mary Ann - love how you peeked the smaller circles behind the larger one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! LOVING the scallops and the design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style Mary Ann. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete