6.22.2012

Triangle Week: Misting and pattern paper


It seems like electronic die cutting machines are “in” right now, and I have been using mine a lot lately.  Once technique I like to do it to use my machine to create shapes out of cardstock that I can use as masks for misting.





My photos on my layout are silly, and I was thinking of a fun, harlequin pattern of triangles to use as the base of my page. I designed my triangle pattern using Sure Cuts A Lot software.  Then I used my triangle mask and sprayed with two shades of mist; a bright orange and a bright blue.  The triangle shaped pieces of cardstock that were cut out of my mask I misted, too, and popped them up on the page in a few spots.


I also cut larger triangle shapes out of patterned paper in the same design and stitched circles in white thread around the paper triangle clusters. Some fun, striped accordion flowers help balance the sharp points of the triangles.



Next time you cut something out with your die cutting machine, be sure to save your “negatives” to use as masks for your next misting project!

Supplies:  
Papers-GCD Studios: Splendor “Labels & Tags” #1679, Splendor “SunSwept” #1684, Storybook “Cards” #1744, Bonjour “Nice” #1539, Bonjour “Bonjour” #1534, Oh Happy Day “Emily Rose” #1763, Oh Happy Day “Hailey” #1767, Sweet Tooth “Lollipop” #1557.  Mists-Tattered Angels, Studio Calico, Ranger.  Chipboard-Maya Road. Gemstones-The Paper Studio. Punches-Ek Success, American Crafts, Paper Studio, We R Memory Keepers.

Audrey Yeager GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

1 comment:

  1. This is AMAZING Audrey! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the masking and those photos are ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete