6.20.2012

Triangle Week: Stitching

Tracy Schultz GCD June Hooray

 Are you enjoying triangles week so far? I know I am! I have a couple fun cards to share with you today that incorporate both triangles and stitching on them. The first one is clean and simple and perfect for a birthday, an invitation, congratulations, or even a new baby (just change the sentiment out).

  Tracy Schultz GCD June Hooray close-up

 To create the pennant banner, I cut triangles from 1" squares of paper and pierced holes near the top edges. Using a needle and some embroidery floss, I back-stitched the holes and connected the little triangles together making my banner. I finished each end of the banner off with a tiny bow out of the embroidery floss. [Supples: Cardstock- PTI white; Decorative Paper- GCD Studios Country Charm #1505, #1506 Oh Happy Day #1766, #1767, #1769; Stamps- My Cute Stamps Birthday Numbers; Ink- Palette Noir; Accessories- paper piercer, black embroidery floss, Copic Spica lemon glitter pen]

  Tracy Schultz GCD June You're Awesome

 For my second card, I went a little triangle crazy! I cut triangles out of some fun patterns from the Bonjour collection, then pieced them together like a quilt. I faux-stitched around the edge and adhered my paper quilt to my card base.

  Tracy Schultz GCD June You're Awesome close-up For my little flag, I cut a piece of oil-cloth (you could use any type of fabric here) and embroidered in colors to match my paper. I just stitched simple X's and french knots, then cut the oil-cloth out in a triangle shape. I attached a toothpick to the back of it and then the entire thing to my card base. [Supplies: Cardstock- PTI kraft; Decorative Paper- GCD Studios Bonjour #1534, #1535, #1543; Stamps- Lil' Inker Designs Rainbows & Clouds; Ink- Palette Noir; Accessories- paper piercer, Copic Multiliner .3 black, oil-cloth, embroidery floss, Creative Impressions green glimmer ribbon, toothpick]

 

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Tracy!! I just loveeeeeeeeee the stitching!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More delightful Tracy cards. :) I just adore the flag with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete