5.05.2009

Mothers Day Celebration- Grace Tolman

Grace said about her mother:

My mother is one of my best friends. I call her about everything and anything, especially now that I'm a mother myself. There's always something that I need her opinion on. It can be small like how to make a certain dish, to things like how do I raise my kids in the Gospel. I enjoy our relationship now more than ever. I'm also very grateful for her generosity to my kids. I have to say that my kids are on the borderline of being spoiled when they're with her. We're all definitely lucky to have her.
Mother's gift package
I chose to alter a tin container and a candle plus add a matching card with the Paris Nights collection. I love the classic look of it and because it's pretty neutral, you can personalize it with your recipient's favorite color by adding an accent of that color to the project
Candle

This one was super easy. It was actually inspired by the transparency sheet that came in the collection. I love that by adding it, it totally spruced up an ordinary votive candle. I can totally see myself repeating this technique on a much bigger glass. I finished it off with a ribbon tulle.
Altered tin container

This was originally a container for flowers. I covered it with paper and the fun embossed border in the collection. I cut out flowers in varying sizes from paper with the Cricut. Crinkled and crumpled them, then layered them on top of each other and finished off with a scallop circle and a coordinating chipboard flower.
Card
Continuing with the classic and B&W theme, I kept the design of the card to a minimum. I used the same border from the tin container onto the card to make them all coordinate and cut out a flower then adhered them again, an inch apart so that I can fit my sentiment block in the middle.

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Grace! I really like the b&w!

    It's wonderful that you and your mom are so close! It's something to cherish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Grace, this is so pretty! Very classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace these are all just BEAUTIFUL!!! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project, Grace! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salamat Anak. Pinaligaya mo ako. Sana huwag kang magbago. Unique ha!

    MAMA

    ReplyDelete