5.04.2009

Post 2- Mothers Day Celebration - Amber Scurlock

I've asked our DT gals to share why they love their mother or a special women in their family, that has touched their life.

Why I love my mom:
Probably the most all encompassing reason I love my mom is, because she first loved me. She loved me through the screaming baby stage, through a gazillion dirty diapers, through my "stubborn child" stage (wait, has that ended?), through my emotional teenage stage, through my "I-am-so-done-with-college" stage, and through marriage (and time management struggles!). Who else can endure all that as tirelessly as a mother? Plus, my mom is adorable too. She dresses really ladylike, but is still always "cute." I'd wear most anything in her closet. She loves everybody and is a true soldier for Christ. She's not only a great mother to me, but also to my kid brother and a great wife to my dad. I count it a great honor to have been blessed with such a wonderful, wonderful mother! I thank God for you, Mama!!

Our craft altered gal Amber Scurlock made this cute altered candy dish.


One of my favorite things to do is scour stores after holidays like Valentines Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas for seasonal items (for very low costs) that can be altered. I got this little plaque after Thanksgiving last year at Hobby Lobby for a quarter and easily altered it in under an hour to make a sweet, cheerful little plaque.
First, I took a paint pen and painted a little scallop around the edge. After it dried, I traced the bottom of the plaque onto my patterned paper and cut out. I then cut an assortment of flowers from GCD Studio's awesome patterned papers and made a little garden. I added the freehand-cut grass, and the alpha stickers and then doodled some small hearts with a pen. The last step was to add a little glitter glue to give the hearts a little finished shine.
Project for Mother's Day:
"Mothers Grow Love"
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios (#551 Rain Showers, #555 Green Spring, #558 Love Squares, #557 Budding Bulb)
Alphabet Stickers: GCD Studios Pink Glitter Stickers
Pen: American Crafts
Stickles: Ranger Industries
Other: Paint Pen


2 comments:

  1. Love the photo! You can definitely tell they're mother an daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Amber - what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete