10.25.2010

I used a Cuttlebug

Hi everyone!! Today I am going to share a technique that I love! Dry embossing cardstock is done a lot in paper crafting, and it is a great way to add some texture and dimension to your card. I also love to dry emboss patterned paper, and it can add so much to your project.

First cut your block of patterned paper, and run it through your embossing machine with your embossing folder or plate of choice. (I used a Cuttlebug with the Flourish Fun folder for my card.)


When you have run the paper through the machine, this is what it will look like. Most machines will make a nice impression that is very easy to see.


I normally go one step further, and lightly sand over the embossed image to make it stand out even more. Plus, patterned paper has a white core to it...so sanding will really bring the image out.


Then just finish putting your card together. This is how my card turned out:


You can also do the same technique on diecut items. On this card, I did the same process to this diecut & emboss leaf set.


I used a bunch of product from the Urban Artsy collection for these cards. I just love how warm and comfy the colors are. Even though the collection is not technically a "fall" collection...I think it works perfectly for this time of year!

Until later,
~Lea L.

4 comments:

  1. I always forget to drag out my embossing plates. I really need to get them out and go and buy some new embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are insanely fancy! That's it, I am gonna have to break down and get me an embossing machine! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete