10.14.2009

Special Treats... with Jen

Check out this cute Special Treat bag by our Talented Jenyfur


Jen said:

When we were given Halloween assignments, I immediately knew I would use "Paris Nights". I thought the black and off-white combo would work perfectly with just a splash of orange. I created treat bags and have been trying to keep my kids from them (I made one for each of them) until Halloween! Now for the details...

The inside bag is a little Ziploc for embellishments, it measures 4 3/4" x 2 3/4". The Ziploc holds a full bag of peanut M&Ms. I cut my treat bag cover to 3 1/2" x 12" and scored it at 1 1/2" from one end. I flipped it around and scored at 5" and 5 1/4" from the other end. I adhered the candy bag to the inside of the pocket. The top flap tucks under the scalloped circle on the front for closure - I adhered the scalloped circle only at the bottom. I embellished my bag with a sparkly pumpkin, bit of ribbon, and a "halloween" die cut. So easy and fun!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable and thrifty gift idea for the kids! I can see making a whole slew of these with leftover paper scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever project just right for the kids at school...love the glittery pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jenyfur! I love the simple cream/black/orange color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHH THIS ISSS SOOOO CUTEE!!! Im so lovin this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and ohhh sooo cute! I just saw M&M in Halloween colors at the store last night.

    ReplyDelete