11.28.2010

Lots of texture :)

I have written about this before, but the texture in GCD Studios patterned
paper is to die for!! I just adore it! A lot of the techniques
that I have done in the past are about this textured paper, and I have yet
another one for you!! This month, I want to show you how stamping on
this textured paper makes for a different and beautiful looking image! I
used the new GCD
Studios "Joyful Peace"
collection for my cards today...and they were just
perfect for the stamps!!

First up, gather the few supplies you will need. I have a piece of
textured patterned paper, the stamp I want to use on a clear block, and the
ink I want to use.


Ink the stamp up so it has an even, thick layer of ink on it. I
choose to use Clearsnap pigment ink (chestnut) when doing this
technique. This is because it doesn't dry super quickly, so you have
enough time to get it on the paper. And on the textured paper...it
actually does dry pretty quickly when you are done stamping. Be sure to
add even, but fairly heavy pressure to the stamp when you are stamping it to
the paper.


This is what the stamping looks like when you are done. Doesn't
the texture give it such an amazing look and feel? I just love it!


After that, design and decorate your card. Here is what I came up with
using this fabulous stamped image above.


Notice that I have also stamped the sentiment onto patterned paper using
Vanilla Cream pigment ink. This paper is the backside of a GCD Studios
patterned paper, so there isn't as much texture.

Here is another card using the same technique!


So, I challenge you to break out your favorite textured GCD Studios paper, and
your favorite stamps...and try this technique out! It definitely works
on a silhoutted image better than any other type, so try to stick with that
type of stamped image. This technique also works with clear stamps, so
don't feel like you need to use rubber stamps. It works wonderfully with
both types!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S. All stamps on these cards are from the Taylored
Expressions "Christmas Blessings"
set.

5 comments: