Hi there! Heidi V. here with a layered flower tutorial for you perfect for making poinsettias.
A while back I made a necklace that featured a large paper flower and was asked by several people how I created it. Since the flower looks rather like a poinsettia, I thought this was the perfect time to share the how to.
1. Start with a strip of paper about 3x as long as it is wide. (the finished flower will be slighlt wider than this paper is long)
2. Fold the paper in half and diagonally both directions.
3. Fold in half, so the sides fold in...
...forming this shape.
4. Fold and crease the bottom of the "petal" lengthwise.
5. Fold the sides back down to create this shape. and add a bit of glue to keep the whole thing together.
6. Repeat steps 1-3 to create the flat under petals. Create six of each type of petal.
7. Punch a circle from a piece of scrap paper to be your base and start adding the under petals.
8. When all of the under petals are attached start adding the top petals.
9. Your flower is now ready for the center of your choice.
For this flower I added a felt button and some twine.
Perfect to jazz up this gift bag I made from some GCD Studios Christmas Sleigh papers!
I created another smaller poinsettia, topped it with a die-cut and brad and added it to a round card. All created with some gorgeous GCD Studios Joyful Peace papers.
Whadda ya think? Will you give this a try?
LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this...and Yep I sure will give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
I absolutely LOVE this! Just in time for my Christmas journal too. Thank you for posting this! :-DReplyDelete
These are GORGEOUS!!!ReplyDelete
That is so cool Heidi! Love LOVE your "Joy" project... it is stunning:)ReplyDelete
BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE the flower!!!ReplyDelete
oh wow that flower is sooo pretty, totally gorgeous!!! thanks for inspiringReplyDelete
I think I will try this but I'm kind of "fold challenged" so I will pobably just dog ear the tips of the flowers. Hopefully that will work!!??ReplyDelete
I love this flower!!! It looks terrific and so creative!ReplyDelete