Teri here, and I'm excited to be back on the GCD Studios blog again today.
This time, I'm going to share an easy way to give your patterned paper a little texture.
* A patterned paper with designs you can cut out. I'm using a piece from GCD's Christmas Sleigh collection. It's quickly become one of my favorite collections!
* A paint brush
* A clear textured gel (I'm using Glass Bead Gel from Golden Paints. It is clear and has teeny tiny marbles in it. )
Here's what you do:
1. Start by cutting an image out of your patterned paper. A lot of paper crafters call this "fussy cutting."
2. Use paint brush to apply gel medium to image.
3. Let image dry a few hours. You can speed this process up by heating it up with a heat gun.
I've got two cards for you where I used some of my textured fussy cuts.
I applied gel medium over both green ornaments here. Then, I applied it only to the flower petals on the red ornament.
Here, I applied the gel only to a portion of these ornaments.
I applied it to the petals and then partly onto the green ornaments. I like that it gives it just a little bit of a different look.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'll be back again soon!
for GCD Studios