10.08.2011

Color inspiration with Windy & Diana

What would Halloween be with out Orange and black? This month we challenge Windy and Diana to create their projects around this color inspiration and boy oh boy did they nail it! Take a peek at their beautiful work.


Windy's:

Hi everyone, its Windy here with a little Halloween inspiration to share today. For October I was so excited to work from this image because Halloween is my most favorite holiday! There is just something about orange and black that I absolutely love! And pumpkins are a definite fav... I'm always the first person to the pumpkin patch on the day it opens & usually amass quite a few for my porch before Halloween arrives.

So it was great to use this scheme to create a few cards. For these projects, I tried to use Halloween colors to make a non-Halloween card... a fun challenge:)


For the first card I created something that is very close to my signature style...an elegant note card. But for my second card I tried something a bit cuter... love those mustaches from the Fun House collection and have been looking for a reason to use them since I got them.


What do you think... ready to use a Halloween palette for an all occasion card?

GCD
Studios products:
rub ons (Fun House collection); patterned
paper (Soul Petite Orange, Soul Food Collection); brad (Soul Food
Metal Rimmed Glass Brads).
Other Products: ribbon
(Michael's Stores Inc.); cardstock (Papertrey Ink), colored/glittered
cardstock (DCWV); punches (EK Success & Fiskars), pins (Maya
Road).



Photobucket


And here is Diana's:

I love fall time. I love how the leaves start changing into beautiful shades of orange and reds. I love the cool crisp air. Best of all, I love the smell of homemade soup cooking on the stove. Nothing warms up the belly like a nice bowl of soup.

This month I was inspired to create a layout based on the traditional color scheme of Halloween. I just had to create a page with a picture of my first bowl of pumpkin soup for the year. I used pops of orange, black, cream, and gray. This is such a lovely color scheme and can work great with any type of layout.



Supplies:
Sweet Surrender The Little Lovebirds
Sweet Surrender Tying the Knot
Sweet Surrender Cabochons
Soul Food Transparent Shapes
Elementary My Dear Paper Pack

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Creating!


2 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee working with these colors during this time of year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are so much fun I couldn't resist but feature the 'moustache' card on my website papermood.com I hope that ok ! ;) X Fab

    ReplyDelete