I don't know about you but when I see boy things I tend to go a tad crazy. You see in our home it is all about our daughter, she's our only child and we love her dearly! But when I have a chance to do anything for a boy, I dive head first in not really knowing what I am accomplishing. Just enjoying the process of doing something different than the normal. Point in case, our next door neighbors just had their first baby! Of course when I found out he was a boy, I hopped on this project and went to town!
This project is a very fast and an easy one, which works well for anyone needing a quick turn around project as a gift! I was super excited to make this for little DJ's nursery as well as create a shadow box, something I've never done!
Supplies to get you started:
1. Getting started, I took out the back of the frame. This was going to be my background paper. I cut an 8x10 square and then glued that onto the frame.
2. After the background paper was in place, I set about cutting circles using my Coluzzle circle cutter. I cut 15 of them. It was easy to use the base of the paper because it already had circles on the paper!
3. Once those were cut, I cut out a red heart from cardstock paper.
4. I then took another piece of GCD Studios papers and cut out the cute animals from the paper.
5. I then place pop dots on the 8x10 background piece of paper/frame and spaced them far enough apart to get a good effect.
6. Once I had the pop dots in place, I stuck down all of the circles.
7. I felt a space for the heart in the second row. I embellished the heart and then placed it on pop dots as well.
8. Once each of those circles and my heart was in place, I then placed the two cut outs from the GCD Studio papers on to the frame. I embellished both of them to add texture to the frame.
9. The last thing I did was add DJ's name.
10. This project took about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Pink Paislee letters, Generic buttons, Floss, Generic pop dots, Coluzzle circle and heart cutter, shadow box, American Crafts cardstock.
If you are ever in need of a cute and fast project, pick this one up!!!!