10.21.2011

Rosettes hanging from a line

Today, I've got a fun twist on the popular rosette fad for you: Hang them on a line.

I'm going to show two cards that use hanging rosettes and I am going to show you how to make a rosette! So let's get started.

You are going to need:

* paper (GCD Studios paper, of course!)
* a strong adhesive (I prefer a good liquid glue.)
* a scoring board
* a 1" circle punch
* string

Here's what you do:
1. Start by cutting a 2" x 6" piece of patterned paper.



2. Set the paper upside down on a scoring board. Score every 1/4".



3. Flip it over and cut the strip into two 1" x 6" strips.





4. Glue the ends together.



5. Cover a 1" circle punched or cut from cardstock with glue. Press the pleated circle down on top of it. This is going to take some force. Don't be surprised if it takes a little pressure. Hold until the glue holds the rosette down.



The end result will be something like these.



6. Once you have several rosettes made, adhere them on a line of string.
Then, use the line of rosettes on a card or a scrapbook layout!
I made two lines of rosettes to use on two cards to share with you today.
Here I put circles made from scraps of patterned paper from the Elementary My Dear collection between my rosettes.



I added a little visual interest to my line by added a clip at the end.



I played things straight with this Thank You card.



I hung the rosettes on string and then just wrapped the line around the card.



I finished the card off by adding a bow to the line.
See you again soon!


terisplace.wordpress.com

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Thanks for the tips! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you hung them from your card!! ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Teri! Your cards are really cute!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rosettes AND those fun folded circles too. I am going to have to invest in a scoring board--looks like rosettes are much easier and neater when you use one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rosettes on the card.

    ReplyDelete