10.04.2011

Yellow, Gray and Blue... inspiration

Hello there.
We have a really fabulous color inspiration to share today! We had our designer's Heidi Van Laar and Ashley Harris work with it. Take a looksy to see how they were inspired with the same combo, but in different ways.

Up first is Heidi V:

Totally swoon worthy right? these colors together are just so luxe and vibrant! I tried to do them justice with a couple of cards.

this first one is inspired by not only the colors, but the actual picture itself, I mean really, how can you NOT be inspired by that dress?!

10-11 Theme Beauty
Supplies:
Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Patterned Papers, (8x8 Artsy Urban pad, Tying the Knot from the Sweet Surrender collection) GCD Studios, Metal Rimmed brad: (Soul Food collection) GCD Studios, Ribbon: Offray, Die: Sizzix, Border Punch Fiskars.
Size: 4.25"x5.5"


I used a border die for the flowers and cut it twice, once from patterned paper and once from white cardstock.

10-11 Theme Beauty det

I used papers from the Sweet Surrender and Artsy Urban collections and a brad from the Soul Food collection.

This being the month for all things creepy and spooky, I just had to do something for Halloween too.

10-11 Theme Boo
Supplies:
Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Patterned Papers, (8x8 Artsy Urban pad, Something Borrowed from the Sweet Surrender collection) GCD Studios,
Filigree Brads & Round Doilies:(Sweet Surrender collection) GCD Studios, Ribbon: Wrights, Circle Die: Spellbinders, Bat: handcut
Size: 5"x5"


Again, using paper from Artsy Urban and Sweet Surrender, but this time I used the colors in opposite proportions, a black, white and gray card with just a pop of yellow.

10-11 Theme Boo det

I used a die cut doily and a framed brad from the Sweet Surrender collection, but to make the brad work for my card I had to do a bit of easy altering. I removed the epoxy sticker that was originally in the center of the brad and replaced it with a piece of cardstock that I stamped a sentiment on.

Have a great day!

And now here is Ashley's:

Well Helloooooo! How are you all doing? I am doing fabulously, thanks for asking. The reason you ask? Well, I got to play with one of the happiest colors on this beautiful earth. Yellow. It was color inspiration time with GCD Studios and up above is the image that I was inspired by. Nice huh?

Here is what I created with this fabulous inspiration:


GCDYBWthankyou

I really like the scallops on this and the fun swirly jewels that added a touch of sparkly to it.

GCDYBWthanks

This one is clean and graphic and I just love it! Sigh...I hope you love it too!!



S1111.photobucket

Thanks for hanging out with Ashley and Heidi V today. We hope you are inspired by their beautiful work!

4 comments:

  1. These are all BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the color combo and loveeeeeee that bat one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful job ladies, both of your cards are so eyecatching and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards girls!!! You're right that color combo rocks!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both designers so different, but both sets of projects so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete