10.29.2011

SUPER cool misting!!!

Happy October everyone! I hope you're enjoying this wonderful time of year. I for one, love fall. And for us, that means Halloween costume time. It's so much fun for the kids to get to dressed up and it's a day all about them. Here's a layout I created about my daughter's first Halloween costume; complete with a fun how-to.
For my technique this month, I am going to share how to create a bold title using mists and chipboard letters as masks.
I used the Chip Art Chipboard Shapes: Big Alphabet Set. Love this font!
Photobucket
In my spray box I laid out the letters and used scrap paper to create a square around them so I could use a variety of colors.
Photobucket
Don't worry if that over lap a bit. That's the fun of mixing the colors.
Photobucket
And all of them finished up...
Photobucket
I wanted the "letters" to stand out a bit more, so once it was dry I used the chipboard letters and traced them with my journaling pen...
Photobucket
Doesn't that just make them stand out so much more?
Photobucket
And now that I have a fun base for my layout, it's easy to create the rest!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Have fun and Happy Creating!
Photobucket

Megan Klauer
meganklauerphotography
meganklauerdesign

7 comments:

  1. Too adorable! Love the repurposing of the letters too :)
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to mist on a layout! I love the details!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love how you did that title work!! And those photos are ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Megan!!! This is amazing. I just love the misting, and sweet Ella makes it that much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Megan, so awesome! Love this technique. Love your project. You have such a lovely style. Love seeing what you make.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete