10.10.2011

Fall Candles and a Border punch Obsession....

To say I have a slight border punch obsession would be no exaggeration...I just love border punches and the way they give my projects depth and texture!! These are just some of my punches. Let's just say I have 32+ border punches (and counting...heehee) and leave it at that ;)!

I love to decorate during the fall season , especially with candles because they smell so scrumptious - can you say pumpkin pie and apple spices?? YUM - and the colors are just so gorgeous!! I decided to use some of the beautiful fall pieces of patterned paper that are in the Elementary My Dear Collection and several of my border punches to make some fun decorations for my new (plain) candles I bought to use for my fall decor.
Let my just insert right here that for safety reasons you CANNOT burn these candles with the paper on them - they are for decoration only. If you want to burn the candles REMOVE the paper decorations from them!!
For this candle (to the left) I used one of the new EK Success Dimensional punches to make the flower and the Dotted scallop edger punch for the layered patterned papers. I also used some of the fun chipboard shapes from the Funhouse Collection as an accent at each side of the flower on the burlap.
For this candle I just punched several borders using the EK Success Morocco Lace Edger Punch
and simply layered them on top of each other switching paper patterns back and forth for each layer. After adding the burlap, I attached some metal flowers (using stick pens) and I used more of the Funhouse chipboard shapes as accents on the smaller flowers.

For the last candle (in the back center) I just punched the edges of one piece of patterned paper with the EK Success Double Crochet Lace Edger Punch, added a little bling, some burlap and a cute little chipboard piece from the Fancy Chipboard Stickers - Soul Food Collection by Melody Ross. I love the way these turned out! They smell so good and look so pretty sitting on my mantle!!

Again, let me remind you that you CANNOT burn these candles with the paper on them as the paper will catch on fire! They are for decoration only! If you want to burn the candles, REMOVE the paper from them. I attached everything with stick pins so that everything could easily be removed for burning (if I ever decide to burn them!!).
Have a great day and have fun creating!!

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and what a great idea! I loveeeeeeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with border punched too. What a brilliant way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love border punches also. I found a Martha Stewart border Punch at Marshall's for less than $3 dollars!!

    ReplyDelete