7.18.2012

Celebrate Week: Birthday Layout for Girls

Let's keep the celebrations going with a birthday girl layout! It's Leslie here today and I think I do a good a pretty good job of keeping up with my children's birthday layouts, but this particular year had slipped by.  Probably because at first glance, I didn't have many good traditional looking birthday photos. I decided to just go with it and combine her birthday skating event photos with the actual birthday cake photo.  Here's what I came up with.

Did you guess I love banners? I know they are everywhere in the scrapbook world and in home decor, but I haven't tired of them yet!  They are just so happy and they just seem to scream "It's a celebration!"  I did want to try and give a twist to the birthday celebration stand-by.  Here are a close up.


You can see that I created it to be varied and quite random, but squashed together.  The stitching on the top gives a nod to the traditional banner.


So, here's to girls and their birthdays!!! They are definitely something to celebrate! Supplies: Patterned Papers: GCD Studios Flower Child and Bonjour. Letters: October Afternoon & Amy Tangerine for American Crafts. Stamps: Birthday, "E" and Circle- Studio G, Date Stamp- Office Depot, Brads: Basic Grey.


No comments:

Post a Comment