7.09.2012

Oh So Fun Week: Chandelier

Hi all! I'm excited to start the 'Oh So Fun' week here on the blog! For my inspiration, I got THIS colorful and fun photo...


Um, what's NOT to love here? I had a million ideas floating in my head for this one, but ultimately realized it was the sewing and the chandelier itself that stood out most of me.

With some scraps from the Splendor collection, a bird die, and a plain dollar store note pad screaming 'Decorate me!'...


...I set to work.

First, I die cut a lot of little birdies (perfect project for using up those small paper scraps!) out of some pretty Splendor paper, and sewed 'em right on to the notepad.
Then, I cut out the large bird, and sewed on the top of the pad.

In case you're wondering, I covered up the sewing on the inside with some cute, coordinating washi tape. ;)


Isn't it adorable? Perfect for little ones to keep their doodles/notes in!
And of course, I couldn't give away something like this without a coordinating card (because I just couldn't resist)...


The set all wrapped up....


....even comes with a coordinating tag! ;)


Thanks so much for stopping in with me today! I hope you feel inspired to pull out those unloved blank journals (or maybe even buy some cheap ones!) and give them a makeover!


Supplies:
Splendor - Candytuft, Heirloom, Labels and Tags, Navy Flora, Sunswept, and Posies






4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! What a great gift idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and all the stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the stitching and the little birdies!

    ReplyDelete