7.05.2012

Kids Room - Décor Week: Wall Décor

Hello Everyone! This month on GCD Studios Blog, we are going to share all kinds of altered items for home decor, for kids to play with and use, for parties and/or for crafting together with your kids! So stick with us! It's gonna be fun!

My project today is 3D Name Letters to go on the wall! 

By: Nina Yang

Supplies: Cafe Mosaic Paper (1537) - Bonjour, Paris Je T'Aime Paper (1541) - Bonjour, Bonjour Paper (1534) - Bonjour, Les Fleurs Paper (1538) - Bonjour, Butterfly Flutter Paper (1536) - Bonjour, Ooh La La Paper (1540) - Bonjour, Floral Field Paper (1507) - Country Charm, Country Bloom Paper (1505) - Country Charm, Picnic Blanket Paper (1509) - Country Charm, Tiny Floral Border Paper (1513) - Country Charm

Aren't these 3D letters cool? They are actually in the format of a free font file (.ttf) which you can install on your computer and print out from any word processing software! Download it here. If you do not want the black lines showing, (flip the letters if needed and then) print on the back of your paper; Score the lines before you fold to get crisp creases.) I did not have the patience to cut each letter by hand so I tweaked the lines and cut them out with my digit cutter.

I would also like to share 4 simple dimensional flowers I made:

1. The flower shape and the butterfly are both cut out from the patterned paper. The pink base and the leaves were punched out with a circle punch.

2. Cut flower from patterned paper; cut flower center from patterned paper and use the back of it :) Changed the look of the printed flower.

3. Just circles: 1.5" and 2.25" as shown.

4. Just cut out the flowers and layer:

Fun and simple, right? :) The letters are approximately 4.75" x 4.75" x 1" in size. The circle frames are about 10" in diameter. The letters in fact sit on their own and should be super cool looking for a party decor :)

I used B sides for the letters and A sides for the backing frames - so we will see the same pattern on the inside of a letter and their backing - a cool see-through effect :)

The letter "I" is my favorite, which one is yours? Are you tickled to make some yourself? :) Have fun paring the papers and cut away! Happy Crafting!



Nina Yang GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Card Gal

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am LOVING those 3d letters you made!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the N. It is so cool and funky! I just love these! I'd better not show my daughter just yet or she'll want her name right away. :)

    ReplyDelete