7.28.2012

Crafty KIDS Week: Silly Tissue Box

It's crafts for kids month on the GCD Studios blog! Today I'm going to show you how to make a cute tissue box monster using your scrapbooking supplies. Maybe you've seen them floating around Pinterest?


Here's the photo I used as inspiration. You can see the original blog post here. Instead of using spray paint I'll be using patterned paper.

I cut a template out of scrap cardstock that will cover the hole in the tissue box. Turning my paper upside down, I traced the shape then cut out using an Xacto knife.

I love this diagonal striped paper from the Country Charm collection.

 I then freehand cut a few strips of white cardstock to resemble teeth and adhered these over the opening.

Place the paper over the tissue box, lining up the holes. I used a bone folder to crease my cardstock and make it easier to fold over the box.

Then I made a few more cuts with scissors to wrap up the box. I used regular adhesive, my ATG gun, for this. I didn't want the mess of liquid adhesive and it worked just fine.

Here's what the box looked like after I covered it with patterned paper.

Another good use for recycling those egg cartons -- monster eyes ;)

I used my circle punches to punch out eyes for my monster.

Here's my finished project! I used another sheet of patterned paper to punch polka dots out of and adhered them to the box to add a pop of color. Honestly I did try to get my daughter to pose with this guy for a photo op, but she ran the other way. Even though I explained it was a "friendly" monster...ha!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll try this with your kiddos soon!
Jennifer Chapin 2012 GCD Studios DT, Jennifer Chapin 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

4 comments: