7.14.2012

Oh So Fun Week: Disguise A Treat With A Doorhanger

Hi everybody! Are you having a lot of fun this week with GCD Studios? Well, I'm here today with a fun treat to make for your kids. Meet my happy little door sign, which just happens to have two silly, goofy guys that disguise some Pixy Stix candies!

Photobucket

Goofy and cute, right? This is a fun little treat is a great one to make for kids and to leave on their bedroom door as a surprise. I mean, how fun will it be when one of them opens the door and finds one of these on it? It didn't take a whole lot of supplies to make it: some GCD papers; a couple Pixy Stix candies; a circle punch; cardstock; a pen and and a few assorted embellishments.

 

I made the sun by cut triangles and a circle from patterned and piecing them together and then mounting them on cardstock. I made the cloud by free-hand cutting a cloud from patterned paper. Don't worry if your cloud doesn't look too hot when you cut it. My didn't either. ;) Once you mount it to cardstock, it will look just fine. The sun and cloud sit just right at the end of the candies.

   

 I used just a little bit of adhesive to make them stick. I recommend using something like Glue Dot rather than liquid glue for this.

   

 To make the hanger to put them in, I just cut a large piece of paper and used a circle punch to cut a circle out of the top of it. Then I used a couple smaller pieces of paper to make a pocket to place on the front. Remember: Put adhesive on three sides of those papers (the left and right sides and the bottom). Don't go all the way or you won't be able to use it as a pocket. Finish things off by tying some ribbon or twine around the bottom of the hanger and spelling out your child's name with letter stickers or die-cuts. Supplies: Les Fleurs Paper – Bonjour!, Sunswept Paper - Spendor, Butterfly Flutter Paper - Bonjour!, Organic Geo Paper - Flower Child, Peacock Paper - Flower Child See you again soon!

  Teri Anderson 2012 GCD Studios DT, Teri Anderson 2012 GCD Studios Card Gal

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Adorable with the eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri...I just adore your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete