4.22.2012

Adding dimension though layers and other fun,easy tricks

Hello! Its Windy here with my final post for GCD's blog. Today I'm going to share a few tips for making simple, but beautiful cards. 

Labels and Tags, Heirloom and Navy Flora patterned paper from Splendor Collection

A quick and easy way to add interest to a project is by adding dimension though layers. On this card I've created four different layers and adhered them to the card base with foam tape. 
I also applied ink on each edge layer for added interest. A few crystals and twine and this simple card can be completed in 10-15 minutes. 

Here's another example... 
Sweet Tart and Cherry Cordial patterned paper from Sweet Tooth Collection

Simply fussy cut a few of the designs from your left over the pattern of the paper and add right over top of the design with foam adhesive.

Add embellishments and your are finished. 

Take care!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and thanks for the tips. I love adding dimension to my cards...sometimes a little too much according to the Post Office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Windy!

    ReplyDelete