4.15.2012

Cute ideas for Butterflies and stitching

When I was challenged to do some sewing on a layout, I was a little stumped at first because I am not a seamstress. But I loved the look of a patchwork quilt type background of assorted papers, and thought I would make some fun stitches by hand to accent and connect the paper blocks together this way. The new Bonjour line has such pretty earthy colors and was perfect for this. IMG_2896 I added some twine for butterfly antennae and used a shiny mist to create the misted background. I love how the butterflies and flowers in this line are so easy to cut out and use separately as embellishments! IMG_2895 IMG_2892
 Supplies Used: patterned paper - GCD Studios Bonjour line; cardstock - Bazzill; twine - Jillibean Soup; alphabet letters - American Crafts; brads - Making Memories; mist - Shimmerz Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo, the colors and those wonderful butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! The purple glitter letters are perfect! Your little girl makes it even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the twine on the butterflies...gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete