4.18.2012

This pretty flower

I love Spring! Seeing flowers blossom lifts my spirits and helps to shake off those winter blues. I recently photographed these pretty flowers in my neighborhood:
A page about flowers deserves a special flower embellishment, so I made a unique blossom out of pennant shapes.
To recreate one of your own, you need a paper punch like this. You could also hand cut your own pennant shapes. In addition, you will need a cardstock circle for the base and glue. Begin by punching out about 20 pennants.
1. Add a ring of glue around the edge of your circle. 2. Begin sticking the pennants to the circle, overlapping just a touch. 3. Add another ring of glue to the center of the circle and begin layering more pennants in a second row.
When finished, add a button, brad, or rhinestone. For an added something special, cut leaves to match. I made the leaves on my layout from denim, but felt or patterned paper would work well, too.
For more dimension, you can curl the tips of the pennants before gluing them down. For more variety, you could use multiple patterned papers for your pennants. However you go about it, the result is a fun, unique flower! Enjoy your Spring - get out, take some photos of the blooming flowers and scrap!

7 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the tags, the pennants and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love this flower and the layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat flower! Smashing to try this idea soon! I also love the denim look for the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant pennant flower! The finished product looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout and techniques totally rock!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this flower !!!

    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete