4.16.2012

Stop and smell the roses

I've been feeling nostalgic as of late. Today's post is another something from my past. My great-grandmother whom we called "Mom" loved roses. I never really did like them myself. That was of course until we moved on base here in Washington with a home that had not one, but three roses buses. They were very beautiful and hearty too. I loved taking care of those roses and realized how much they reminded me of Mom and how she tended and cared for her beloved roses.


So you can believe when my next assignment came down from GCD Studios that I knew what I was going to do!  This time I played with the cute Oh Happy Day Collection. I love the roses in this collection! So when I started fussy-cutting those beautiful hearts out. All in mind of how much Mom loved and tended to those roses all those years and how much we need to grow. Born was this layout from those memories, ah wonderful memories!!!

Elizabeth Carney 2012 GCD Studios DT, Elizabeth Carney 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal

3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee all the fussy cutting and loving the title work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elizabeth...this is gorgeous! Love the design and how bright and cheery it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The roses and butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete