4.02.2012

Dress up your layouts

 Hello, it's Jennifer Larson, sharing a technique I used recently to dress up a page with lots of patterned paper bits. The spring here in Minnesota has been so gorgeous, I felt the need to scrap some spring photos. I pulled an unscrapped photo from last year--remember last winter and how welcome spring was?--and paired it with with the lovely Bonjour line. I was inspired by these papers:
The blues and greens are lovely spring colors that I can use on a page about my boys. The colors made me want  to pull out some mists and use them too. First, I set up the layout of the page. I grabbed a template from Pink Paislee to make the background:
Next, I misted over the template in light blue.
I wanted to use two other colors of mist, but only inside the template. To cover the paper above and below the template, I taped some wax paper to it, then misted with green and brown:
Next, I added some patterned paper strips. I also wanted to add patterned paper to the misted circles, so I used the misting template to trace and cut a scrap paper template. I used this scrap paper template to trace and cut out small pieces of patterned paper to glue over some misted spots.
Finally, I added some other shapes and brads just because.
Here's what the final page looked like:
I hope you enjoy using your templates to add a fresh mix of patterned paper to your page in little bitty doses!

5 comments:

  1. Great tips! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tips!! TFS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee how you lo turned out!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and loving how you did the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...this is awesome! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I love the way your layout turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the masking and misting!

    ReplyDelete