4.20.2010

fabulous papers, embellies, and borders

Here is another project following this months theme:

I have always been a fan of GCD Studios, but when I finally got the Homespun Chic line by Melody Ross...I was blissfully happy! The colors and designs are gorgeous and I just loved playing with all this goodness.

I created this layout with some of the fabulous papers, embellies, and borders from the Homespun Chic line. I love taking spring and summer floral pictures and hydrangeas are some of my favorite. I used this layout to highlight this flower from my brother's yard.
Photobucket
I created my own flower and then surrounded it with pre-made embellishments that I enhanced by adding just a few brads, bling and glass.

This flower started as a plain white flower. I sprayed it with some pink mist, added a pearl to the center and drizzled a little glue on it. I then sprinkled it with crushed glass. I love the elegance it adds to the layout. It also draws out the colors in the pattern paper.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Mimi L

13 comments: