4.29.2010

Fresh and springy!

That is what I thought when I saw this month's theme pics from GCD Studios.

Isn't it gorgeous! I just love the combination of all the different shades of pink and green with the white!

I came up with a couple different interpretations...

This first one is a little more frilly than I usually am, but I really had fun bringing out my inner girly girl.
Supplies: (All GCD Studios unless noted)
Patterned Paper: All from the Melody Ross 8x8 Homespun Chic pad, Frame: Melody Ross Homespun Chic Layered Frame, Rhinestone Brad: Melody Ross Homespun Chic Gem Brads, Butterflies: Melody Ross Homespun Chic Chipboard Ladies pack, Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Flower: Prima, Embossing Folder: Provocraft, Border punch: Fiskars, Stamp: Hero Arts, Ribbon from stash
Size: 5x7"


When I saw the theme I immediately knew I wanted to use that gorgeous pink and green Layered Frame from the Homespun Chic Collection...YUM! I added a couple of chipboard butterfly stickers to bring the eye in even more.

Next up is a card that is probably a little more "me".

All those fab flowers in the challenge piece inspired me to create a flower of my own. This is just your basic layered circle lollipop flower, the twist is distressing each layer to within an inch of it's life and curling the edges up a bit.

Supplies: (All GCD Studios unless noted)
Patterned Paper:Melody Ross 8x8 Homespun Chic pad, (green) Smoothie Shoppe Collection, Border strips: Melody Ross Homespun Chic Diecut borders, Rhinestone Brad: Melody Ross Homespun Chic Homespun Brads, Chipboard frame: Melody Ross Chip Art Medium Frames, Chip Art Stamp: Flourishes, Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, Ribbon: The Dollar Tree, Additional Rhinestones: Kaisercraft, Stamp: Hero Arts, Paint: Plaid
Size: 4.25x5.5"


I also broke out some beautiful die cut boarder strips and my Chip Art Tools again. After stamping and painting the chipboard, I added a mix of pink paint and paper glaze, then wiped off the excess. It's such a different look that the brown paint (which gives and antique appearance), can't wait to try this more with other colors!

So, what can you do with those theme pics?

Have a sweet day!
Heidi

12 comments:

  1. GORGOEUS Heidi! I KNEW these were yours even before I scrolled down to see. Love your "frilly card". That "girly girl really did come out! Love the distressing on that lollipop flower. It really gives is a shabby chic look and that frame, beautiful! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both breath taking Heidi! Just Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Both are so fun and bright and just so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL cards!!! Love all that pink and green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! They definately feel like spring to me! :)

    ReplyDelete